MCAT® Psychology & Sociology Section
What You Need To Know
The Psychological, Social, & Biological Foundations of Behavior section of the MCAT® is a 95-minute section containing 59 multiple-choice questions. This section tests your knowledge and use of the concepts in psychology, sociology, biology, research methods, and statistics that provide a solid foundation for learning in medical school about the behavioral and socio-cultural determinants of health and health outcomes.
Understanding the behavioral and socio-cultural determinants of health is important to the study of medicine.
You will be tested on your knowledge of how psychological, social, and biological factors influence perceptions and reactions to the world; behavior, and behavior change; what people think about themselves and others; the cultural and social differences that influence well-being; and the relationships between social stratification, access to resources, and well-being.
MCAT® Behavioral Sciences Section
Two Key Concepts Tested
Foundational Concept 6:
Biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors influence the ways that individuals perceive, think about, and react to the world.
- 6A: Sensing the environment
- 6B: Making sense of the environment
- 6C: Responding to the world
Foundational Concept 7:
Biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors influence behavior and behavior change.
- 7A: Individual influences on behavior
- 7B: Social processes that influence human behavior
- 7C: Attitude and behavior change
Foundational Concept 8:
Psychological, sociocultural, and biological factors influence the way we think about ourselves and others, as well as how we interact with others.
- 8A: Self-identity
- 8B: Social thinking
- 8C: Social interactions
Foundational Concept 9:
Cultural and social differences influence well-being.
- 9A: Understanding social structure
- 9B: Demographic characteristics and processes
Foundational Concept 10:
Social stratification and access to resources influence well-being.
Contact Dr. Donnelly today
To schedule A FREE Consultation
Click on the links below to learn more:
- About the MCAT®
- MCAT® Test Dates 2023
- Contact Dr. Donnelly about MCAT® lessons
- Read our students' reviews
- MCAT® Exam - Section by Section
- Biological & Biochemical Sciences Section
- Chemical & Physical Sciences Section
- Behavioral Sciences Section
- CARS Section